To stop Instagram from asking for your phone number, you first need to go to your profile. Then go to the ‘Settings’ section by tapping on the three dots symbol on the top right. Once you’re in the Settings section, tap on ‘Privacy and Security’ and then ‘Two-Factor Authentication.
‘ You should then see the option to ‘Disable Two-Factor Authentication. ‘ Select this option to turn off Instagram’s request for your phone number. You can also navigate there by going to Settings > Privacy and Security > Login and Security > Two Factor Authentication.
Turning off two-factor authentication will stop Instagram from asking you for your phone number when signing in.
How do I turn off phone verification on Instagram?
Phone verification is a form of two-factor authentication (2FA) that Instagram requires users to set up in order to protect their accounts. This feature requires users to enter a verification code sent to their mobile device anytime they log into their account from a new device or browser.
To turn off phone verification on Instagram, simply follow these steps:
1. Log in to your Instagram account and go to your profile page.
2. Tap on the hamburger menu icon in the upper right-hand corner and select “Settings”.
3. Under the “Privacy and Security” tab of your Settings menu, select “Two-Factor Authentication”.
4. Tap the “Turn Off” button for “Phone Verification” and you’re all set!
If you ever decide that you want the extra layer of security that phone verification provides, you can turn it back on by following the same steps and tapping the “Turn On” button.
Can I use Instagram without phone number?
Yes, it is possible to use Instagram without a phone number. Instead of providing your phone number, you can simply link a Facebook account or an existing email address to your Instagram profile. To do this, go to the Instagram website or app and click “Sign Up,” then follow the instructionsfor creating an account.
You will be prompted to either enter your phone number; or, if you’d like to use Facebook or an existing email address, click the option to Sign in Using Facebook, or provide your email address. Once you’ve finished registering and setting up your new account, you’ll be able to use Instagram without needing to provide your phone number.
How do I log into Instagram without the authentication code?
You can log into Instagram without an authentication code in a few different ways. The most straightforward method is to simply use a different device or browser to log into your Instagram account. If that’s not an option, you can use an authentication app like Google Authenticator, Authy, or LastPass Authenticator to generate a code for you.
Next, open up the Instagram login page and enter your username and password. Click the Log In button, then tap the “Get Help Logging In” link below it. From there, you can enter your authentication code that you generated with the app.
Once you have entered the code, you will be able to access your account!.
Why is SMS verification not recommended?
SMS verification is not recommended because it is not the most secure authentication method. Although SMS is a convenient way to enable two-factor authentication, if it is not done properly, it can leave your account exposed to security risks.
One of the main risks associated with SMS verification is phone number porting. This is when a hacker can take possession of your phone number and redirect it to another number in their possession. Once the hacker has possession of your phone number, they can intercept or access your verification codes, which can give them access to your online account.
Another issue is that some SMS-only verification can be limited in the amount of security they provide. If your account only requires a 6-digit code, that is not a secure enough level of protection against hackers.
This is especially true because there are various app-hacking techniques that can allow a hacker to access your code before you even receive it.
Additionally, many people are using cloud-based services, so when using SMS verification, there is a risk of delay or failure of your message due to external factors such as network or server issues.
This can lead to frustrations when trying to verify your account and access the online service.
Overall, SMS verification is not the most secure authentication method and can leave your account exposed to security risks, which is why it is not recommended for many online accounts and services.
Why am I not receiving my SMS code from Instagram?
There are a few potential reasons why you might not be receiving your SMS code from Instagram.
1. You might have the wrong phone number associated with your Instagram account. Make sure that the phone number associated with your account is correct by double-checking in your profile settings.
2. If you’ve recently switched phone numbers, it’s possible that Instagram is still sending the code to your old one. To update your number, go to your profile settings and then select Edit Your Profile.
3. Your cellular carrier might be blocking the SMS code from reaching your phone. This could happen if the phone number is set up with a landline-only provider or if the SMS messages are being sent from a foreign company.
Contact your cellular provider to see if they can allow the messages from Instagram.
4. Your phone might not be properly receiving SMS messages. Make sure that you’re connected to a cellular network and that you have adequate signal strength. You may also need to restart your phone or update your phone’s SMS software.
5. You may be experiencing a temporary issue with Instagram or a third-party server. You can contact Instagram’s support team to confirm the status of their servers and make sure that you’re receiving messages correctly.