The most common reason is that it is not correctly connected to your router. To ensure the station is correctly connected to your router, make sure that both the power cable and ethernet cable are firmly connected to the base station and your router.
If your Ring base station is still not connecting, there is a possibility that the device itself is not functioning properly. Try resetting the base station by pressing and releasing the reset button at the back of the base station and waiting for the power LED light to turn solid blue.
If the issue persists, make sure that your router is set up correctly. Check that your router has the latest firmware installed and that your router’s IP address is static. If your router has a firewall, you may need to allow access to traffic on ports 443 and 22.
If after trying these steps your base station still won’t connect, it’s possible that the device is damaged and needs to be replaced. Try contacting your Ring vendor’s customer service line to find replacement options.
How do I reconnect my ring base station?
In order to reconnect your Ring base station, please follow the steps below:
1. Make sure the Ring base station is correctly connected to the power source using the included power cable and is turned on.
2. Disconnect the Ethernet cable from the base station and the router.
3. Reset the base station by pressing and holding the reset button located at the back of the base station for approximately 10 seconds.
4. Reconnect the Ethernet cable to the base station and router.
5. Wait a few minutes for the base station to reconnect. The status LED will alternate between solid and flashing blue.
6. Once the base station has reconnected, open the Ring app and check for any new notifications.
7. Once you have confirmed that the base station is connected, reinstall all your Ring devices in the app and attach them to the base station.
If you need further assistance or if these steps do not work please contact Ring customer service.
What happens if you unplug ring base station?
If you unplug the Ring base station, it will lose any connection it had to your home’s Wi-Fi network. All your Ring devices will become offline and you won’t be able to access them via the Ring app. You will have to physically reconnect each Ring device to your base station, as well as any other connected devices to establish a connection.
This can be a tedious process and you might experience intermittent connectivity while trying to reconnect the devices. You should also double-check all of your settings to make sure they are correct.
Additionally, if you are using an Alexa device, you will have to re-enable the device from the Alexa app.
Do you have to leave ring base station plugged in?
It depends on the type of Ring base station you have. If you have a Ring Alarm Base Station (2nd generation), then it needs to be plugged in to work. On the other hand, if you have a Ring Alarm Base Station (1st generation) or Ring Video Doorbell Pro, then you do not need to keep the base plugged in.
When the Ring Alarm Base Station (1st gen) or Ring Video Doorbell Pro does not detect any motion for 30 minutes or more, it will go into a low power-usage mode. This mode is designed to optimize battery life.
What does red mean on Ring Doorbell?
The color red on your Ring Doorbell typically indicates that your Doorbell is either actively ringing, or is in its active listening mode (listening for the Doorbell to be pressed). When your Ring Doorbell has an incoming call, the LED light will be a solid red color, and this will remain the case until the call has been answered.
Additionally, after you have set up your Ring Doorbell, you will also notice a solid red light when it is actively listening for the Doorbell to be pressed, and this will typically remain the case until the Ring Doorbell has been updated or until the next time the system is reset.
How do I get my Ring sensor back online?
Getting your Ring sensor back online can be relatively straightforward, depending on the issue you’re having. First, make sure that the device is within range of your Wi-Fi router and that there’s no obstruction between them.
If the sensor is too far away from the router, the connection won’t be strong enough. If you’re having issues with an existing connection, try manually reconnecting the device to the router following these steps:
1. Open the Ring app and select the device you would like to get back online in the Ring app’s Device List
2. Tap “More Options” and then tap “Networking”
3. Follow the on-screen prompts to reset the sensor to the Wi-Fi network
4. Go back to the Device List and tap on the device again
5. Tap “More Options” again and tap “Networking” to confirm it’s reconnected
If the sensor still isn’t going online, make sure it’s powered up by checking that it’s plugged into a working outlet and/or replacing batteries if needed. You can then run a network health check to make sure it’s running properly.
1. Select the Ring device in the Rings app’s Device List
2. Tap “More Options” and then tap “Network Health”.
3. Select “Run” and follow the steps on your device’s display
If the device continues to be offline, it may be necessary to reset to factory settings. Be aware that this will erase your settings, so you will have to set them up again once the sensor is back online.
To reset to factory settings:
1. Open the Ring app and select the device in the Device List
2. Tap “More Options” and then tap “Networking”
3. Tap “Reset” and follow the steps onscreen to reset the sensor to factory settings
4. Follow the onscreen prompts to get the sensor back online.
If you’re still experiencing problems getting your Ring sensor back online, you can contact Ring Support for further assistance.
Why is my Ring system offline?
It is possible that your Ring system is offline due to a number of factors. While some of these factors may be easily resolved, others may require a bit of investigation.
Some common reasons why your Ring system might be offline include:
1. Issues with your internet connection: A weak or unreliable internet connection can cause your Ring system to frequently go offline. You can verify the internet connection by using a network speed test or by contacting your internet service provider.
2. Location: Your Ring system requires a strong and reliable connection for normal operation. If your Ring system is located in an area where the signal strength is weak, it may be more prone to going offline.
The ideal location for the Ring system is a centralized location with minimal to no obstructions.
3. Battery: If your Ring product is battery powered, it’s possible that the battery has depleted and needs to be recharged.
4. Firmware update: Your Ring products may encounter a hiccup if the firmware is out of date. You can check for the latest firmware version in the Ring app and update the firmware, if necessary.
5. Power source: If your Ring product is powered by an outlet, always make sure the plug and outlet are working properly.
Once you have investigated and looked into each of these possibilities and have solved the issue. You should be able to get your Ring system back online again.
Does the ring base station need to be plugged in at all times?
Yes, the Ring Base Station needs to be plugged in at all times in order to function properly. The Base Station is responsible for connecting all of your Ring devices, so when it’s unplugged, it will no longer be able to communicate with your other devices or send you notifications.
In order to get the most out of your Ring system, we recommend that the Base Station is plugged in and regularly updated. If you do unplug it, please make sure to plug it back in and allow the update to run before turning your system back on.
Is there a way to disable the Ring?
Yes, it is possible to disable the Ring from within the Ring App. To do this, first open the app and tap on the “Devices” button at the bottom of the screen. Then choose the device you want to disable.
Once the device has been selected, tap the three-dot “More” button in the upper right corner. Then tap on “Device Settings” and scroll down until you find the “Enable/Disable” slider. Tap on “Disable” and confirm by tapping on the “Disable” button in the pop-up window.
Your device is now disabled until the “Enable” toggle is turned on.
How do I deactivate my alarm Ring?
In order to deactivate your Ring alarm, you will need to open up the Ring app on your smartphone or tablet. Once the app is open, select “Devices” from the dashboard. Then, choose the “Alarm” option from the list of device categories.
This will bring up a list of the alarms installed in your home. Select the one you want to deactivate and you will be presented with a few options, including the “Deactivate Alarm” button. Simply press this button to turn off your Ring alarm.
Once the alarm has been successfully deactivated, you will be able to confirm the change with a written confirmation.