WordPress Plugin: NoFollow Free
NoFollow Free removes the “nofollow” attribute from your wordpress blog’s comments (precisely from the author’s links) and/or from the comments text links and it inserts (if you want) an image band at the top of your pages with the phrase: “NOFOLLOW FREE”.
To encourage your users to submit comments it has some options to replace the nofollow only when the author posted X comments before and put back the nofollow when some blacklisted words are matched. The replacement of the nofollow is also based upon the users type (registered and visitor users). Every option can be customized by the options page “NOFF“.
With the version 1.3, NoFollow Free supports multilingual, you can select which language you prefer in the option page. Actually it supports the following languages:
- Spanish (thanks to MundoEnfermo)
- German (thanks to Steini)
- Turkish (thanks to Sinan)
- Swedish (thanks to David)
- French (thanks to Steini)
- Portuguese (thanks to JosÃ© LuÃs Carneiro)
- Romanian (thanks to Dan)
- Russian(thanks to Dmitriy)
- Danish (thanks to Strang)
- Latvian (thank to Kaspars)
- Arabic (thanks to Aldirazi)
- Croatian (thanks to Sasha)
- Norwegian (thank to SingelPingel)
- Indonesian (thanks to Apriel and Louis)
- Dutch (thanks to Frederic)
- Hungarian (thanks to HÃrkeresÅ‘)
- Polish (thanks to Adam)
- Japanese (thanks to Seosugane)
- Finnish (thanks to Jukka)
- Chinese Simplified (thank to Yang He)
- Maltese (thanks to Matthew)
- Ukrainian (thanks to Harchenko)
- Serbian (thank to Naed)
- Belarusian (thanks to M.Confi)
- Czech (thanks to Lukas)
Since version 1.3.5 NoFollow Free comes with a nice sidebar Widget support to show the top ten charts for the top commenters.
If you would like to know how to use Widgets in your WordPress blog please refer to Automattic Widgtes howto page. To activate the NoFollow Free Widget go to admin -> Presentation -> Widgets and add the Top Ten Comments widget to your sidebar.
WordPress 2.x or later (I think it works in 1.5 too but I didn’t test it).
– Download the plugin nofollow-free
– uncompress it with your preferred unzip/untar program or use the command line: tar xzvf nofollow-free.tar.gz
– copy the entire directory noff in your plugins directory at your wordpress blog (/wp-content/plugins)
– activate the nofollow-free WordPress plugin at your Plugins admin page
When you activate the plugin it just works removing the “nofollow” attribute from your comments authors link, but if you would like have the image band at the top of your pages too, you MUST put the php function <?php noff(); ?> into your template file just below the <body> attribute like this:
<?php if (function_exists(noff())) noff(); ?>
Now you could setup how to show the image band and the rest of the options, go to the wp-admin page -> Options -> NOFF
The plugin is fully configurable, you could set:
– replace nofollow on author/text link ON/OFF
– replace nofollow on registered author/text link ON/OFF
– replace nofollow only if the visitor or the registered users had X previous comments
– put back nofollow if blacklist words are matched
– display number of comments by author
– donate or not a link to nofollow free plugin
– Image band ON/OFF
– Position Right/Left
– Colors Green/Red/Orange/blue (see the image below)
– Url to link it to
– 1.6.3 added Czech language
– 1.6.2 added setting to blacklist authors by comma separated emails
– 1.6.1 added Belarusian language, fixed French and German language
– 1.6 fixed html invalid bug, added languages: Maltese, Ukranian and Serbian
– 188.8.131.52 added Chinese Simplified language
– 1.5.9 fixed small bug with WordPress 2.7
– 1.5.8 added Finnish language
– 1.5.7 added Japanese language
– 1.5.6 added Polish language
– 1.5.5 added Hungarian language, fixed small bug
– 1.5.4 fixed security bug
– 1.5.3 added Dutch language and fixed count comments bug
– 1.5.2 some minor bugs fixed
– 1.5.1 Added Indonesian language
– 1.5 Fixed a mistake in the widget, added exclude registered users from widget
– 1.4.9 Fixed bug with widget
– 1.4.8 Added Norvegian language
– 1.4.7 Fixed XHTML 1.0 validation
– 1.4.6 Fixed some html tags
– 1.4.5 Added Croatian language
– 1.4.4 Added Arabic language
– 1.4.3 Added Latvian language
– 1.4.2 Added Danish language
– 1.4.1 Added Russian language
– 1.4 fixed minor bug with Widget and previous Worpdress versions
– 1.3.9 fixed Widget
– 1.3.8 Added Romanian language
– 1.3.7 Added Portuguese language
– 1.3.6 Added options to the widget
– 1.3.5 Added French and Swedish language, added Widget support for Top Ten Commenters
– 1.3.4 Added Turkish language
– 1.3.3 Added German language
– 1.3.2 Fixed images directory bug
– 1.3.1 Fixed minor bug
– 1.3 Added multilanguages support (English, Italian, Spanish)
– 1.2 Fixed the top image banner now it is HTML valid!
– 1.1 Added difference from registered and visitor users so you can remove the nofollow based on type of user.
– 1.0 This is the first final release, added some options, blacklist words, dynamic replace based on number of comments by author and some minor fixes.
– 0.2 Added option to ON/OFF nofollow on author and text comment links.
– 0.1 Initial release.
Any ideas or suggestions will be much appreciate, if you have questions or problems feel free to add a comment here.
NoFollow Free is in the official WordPress Extend Plugins Directory, every times I’ll upload a new release your wordpress (only for >=2.3) will notify you.
Sign up for SY0-401 braindumps training and get Testking SY0-401 certified in days! We offer high quality Actualtests VCP-510 with 100% success guarantee.For more details visit now wikipedia and ASQ website.